Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trials

In the last few years, I've had a few experiences that have helped me to see unexpected blessings stemming from trials that I've gone through over the last several years. I've gained a greater understanding of the reason why I may have had to deal with certain issues and I've become even more grateful for the trials that the Lord has given me. This is not to say that I want more, however I have gained so much and become a better person because of these trials. I am better able to empathize and mourn with those who are mourning and I feel more charity in general to those around me because of what I've gone through.
I have felt the love of my Savior very intensely today and I know that He loves each of us in that way. I know He is with us and will carry us through our trials if we allow Him. I am grateful that I've had the opportunity in my life to gain that testimony and to feel that blessing regularly. My faith has been tested and I am stronger because of it.

No comments: