Friday, February 5, 2010

Denali



My Father-in-Law sent these pictures today of Denali (Mt. McKinley) in Alaska. These pictures don't do it justice, but to keep it in perspective these photos were taken about 75 MILES away from the mountain. It is HUGE and on a really clear day you can see it in Anchorage and Anchorage is about 340 miles away. That's like seeing from Provo past St. George (St. George is about 290 miles away). Isn't it gorgeous?

5 comments:

heather said...

I remember being completely amazed at the size of the mountains when we were flying over them! Usually in a plane the mountains are still very far below you -but on our way to Alaska we were flying through them. It was so cool!

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Wow, that is cool. I cant imagine somethign so big.

IAmHere said...

It doesn't matter what you've seen before in mountains...Denali..? she is one impressive lady, solid from the core. Most Alaskan's are just like her.(smile)
loveing all of you...

Erin said...

This definitely puts the Provo mountains to shame! Does it make you homesick?

Erin Gibbons said...

I was totally thinking about that picture of Denali in the chapel hallway, (I think it's on the Spanish ward's board,) just the other day. I looked at it all the time and liked what "Denali" meant, but I couldn't remember what the picture said it meant, or what the "tag line" on the picture was, do you know?