Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today John-David and I celebrate 8 years of marriage. We were married in the Anchorage, Alaska temple at 10:30 AM on a Saturday. We met in January of 2002, went on our first date in February, kissed on a Sunday afternoon in March, he told me he loved me the following Friday, we got engaged the following Sunday and were married 5 months later in August.
Our lives are wonderful. He supports me, loves me, encourages me. I have become more because he allows me to be more. I have been so very blessed.
We've lived in 6 houses in 8 years, moved from Alaska to Utah (or vice versa) 3 times, driven the Alcan all three times, received a Bachelor's Degree, Associates Degree, and Law Degree.
We've started 5 new jobs and loved and hated them equally. We've had two beautiful boys. We've cooked together, laughed together, started running together, grown a garden and read together.
Our life gets better every day. We have had our struggles and trials, but have come out of it stronger and more united. I am so greatly blessed and I am so grateful that we are an eternal family. Happy Anniversary Honey. Here is to a lifetime of memories and an eternity together.

6 comments:

Crystyne said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't it wonderful to look back over your marriage and know that you love your husband more today than you did the day you were married? It's even more wonderful to think of how much you will love him in 8 more years. Now that's something to look forward to! I love being married!

Nichols said...

Congrats! Your wedding pics are so gorgeous and it's fun to see your life together progress!

Adriane the Great said...

Hooray for Sammy Joe! You are my hero! <3 Adri.

Erin Gibbons said...

Hope you had a great anniversary! Our timeline follows yours almost exactly, (except 4 years and about 4,000 recipes less for us. Hopefully we'll also make it to 8 years, but I'm sure I will NEVER be as good of a cook as you!) But, we had January, February, and August milestones just like you. You guys are definitely a great couple and a great Family!

Brooke Trogdon said...

I LOVE the photo sequence. What a great idea!

sienna said...

you guys are the cutest. keep up the good work. i'm sure you still have plenty more adventures to come.