Sunday, April 10, 2011

What We've Been Up To

The last 6 weeks have been busy and I haven't been up to blogging. I also haven't been great about pictures. But, here are some.
After our trip from Alaska, I had some MAJOR organizing to do. We reached our toy threshold and toys needed to be organized, sorted, and donated. Luckily it's now been 3 weeks and I have successfully kept the kids room clean, nearly EVERY DAY!! I am so excited. In other cleaning news, I have figured out how to keep the living room and kitchen relatively clean and organized every day. The only thing I now need to add into the rotation is deep cleaning the bathrooms more than every 2 weeks. It's getting there though!
 I've also been crafting a lot. I made this Happy Birthday sign in time for Julian's party. I have to finish his name sign and Tennyson's sign, but the big part was done. I think it turned out SUPER cute. 
 Daddy had his first camp out with the Young Men (he is the YM President now). It was raining and snowed all morning yesterday and everyone thought they were crazy for going, but he felt like it was important for the boys to just go, regardless.And, shockingly enough, it wasn't miserable. 
The boys and I made a fort and watched movies, ate candy, hot dogs and chips and slept in the living room on our air mattress.
 I love this picture of me and Tennyson. Isn't he so adorable? Can you believe he's 2 already? I remember when he was barely big enough to fit in JD's toolbox. Oh how fast they grow.  
 I also recovered my kitchen chairs. It hadn't been done in 5 years and they were so gross. In another 5 years I'll recover them again... and then again :)
 The boys have been getting into some mischief as well. Tennyson wanted chocolate milk, I said not yet. He tried on his own. Notice the cup and how it is TOTALLY empty? I took this photo, walked back to show JD what they were doing and came back to chocolate milk literally ALL over the kitchen floor, up the walls, and all over BOTH boys. They immediately got into the bath while I spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up the chocolate milk. 

Life has been good for us. We are starting to get into a pretty good schedule and life is getting comfortable. But that is usually when change happens, so we'll see what gets thrown at us next. We've started our garden seeds in our Living Room window, photos of those beautiful plants to come. I've been sewing and we'll be updating our hose (new curtains, paint, etc) over the next few months as well. We are excited for summer and the opening of 7Peaks and in May my Grandparents and Parents will be coming for a visit. 

1 comment:

Kara said...

What seeds did you plant??? I will love to see what you guys grow there! Oh, and I just removed the post you just commented on, because I somehow accidentally scheduled a bunch of posts to publish on the same day, so I will repost it in a few days when there isn't an overload and comment back more, but glad to know that I am not the only one who has had to make that call before!