The weather is getting nicer, it's been in the 70's and 80's and I got a nice sunburn while at the Zoo last week :) Julian asks at least once a week when 7-Peaks opens. I'm working on getting our 2 free passes (a benefit of living practically next door to the water park) so that we can start partying in June.
We got our backyard garden plot tilled and weeded (more difficult than it sounds). I successfully grew 6 plants in our window from seeds and then promptly killed them when I transplanted them to bigger pots (I think I drowned them). I'll be planting our garden this week and I'm really excited.
My parents and grandparents came for a visit last week and I think it's going to take a week or two to get back onto a schedule and recover from the activities. Tennyson slept until almost 8 AM this morning after going to sleep at 7 PM last night AND he took a nap today. Poor kid is exhausted.
I've been sewing and crafting, but only have a few pictures to show for it. I'll be making myself a few more skirts and dresses for the summer. I've decided to have a Summer of No Pants. Which means I'll wear skirts and dresses pretty much exclusively. I'm rather excited and I'm currently at 3.5 skirts (one is almost done) with 2 more skirts and a dress on it's way. Maybe I'll post photos of the items, just not with me modeling them :)
Some photos of our adventures over the last few months and my parents trip will be a separate post.
My brother called me one afternoon and said "Sam, can you make me an ascot?" I said "Sure, when do you need it?" He said "Tonight by 7." Luckily ascots are super quick and easy and it came together in about an hour and a half.
My boys playing outside before church. I know, why do I let them do that? But really, it's easier to let them outside and maybe have to clean up some pants then to try and keep them on the couch and not allow them to move, or try and get them dressed at 10:30 when we have to be at Church at 11 :) Oh and yes, Tennyson can climb to the top of the fence and get himself back down. I think that by the end of the summer they might be climbing over it...
The boys LOVE getting dressed up in costumes. Julian is just a pirate, but Tennyson has on Bumblebee the Transformer and a Pirate costume. They are in their boats showing me how to be pirates :) Getting them to look at the camera has been a chore recently.
I made paper maiche easter eggs this year and they were AWESOME. Next year I will fill the balloons with goodies before I blow them up and do the paper maiche. The kids were able to easily rip them open and because they were so HUGE I could fit a decent amount of candy and they were each happy with 5 eggs each. I think this will become a tradition.








No comments:
Post a Comment