Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thoughts

My last post cannot be the first thing I see when I open my blog anymore. I keep wishing that Casey's death is some sick joke and that I will wake up from this crazy dream at some point. But it's been 10 days now, and I still haven't woken up.

Overall I'm doing okay. Until I was trying to puree soup tonight and it exploded in my face. I smell like garlic and onions. It made me want to cry. I was shaky for almost an hour. I think my nerves are still pretty frayed.

The visit back to Alaska was good. It was comforting and therapeutic and calming. The service was wonderful. I have been blessed with many moments of extra peace, comfort, faith and love. I have been able to see the hand of the Lord in my life like I never have before. I have been able to look back over the last several years and see ways that the Lord was working to prepare our family and prepare me for this event. It is further testimony that the Lord is aware of what is happening. He knows what will happen and He is working to try and help me prepare. It gives me faith that in the coming months He will continue to extend His hand, as I allow Him.

One example that stands out happened Sunday. My family and I attended church together. We were there on time, seated for the opening hymn. The opening hymn was Where Can I Turn for Peace? The second and third verses touched me deeply as I sang them the day after we buried my baby brother. Regardless of your religion, the promises from the Lord apply to all. I hope that in any trial, you will take these words and apply them to your life. Find peace in the Savior, He is the only one who truly understands. He loves you and He will help you.

V.1

Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
Where other sources cease to
make me whole?
When with a wounded heart,
anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?

V. 2

Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know,
Where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand
To calm my angiush?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.

V. 3

He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane,
Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace He finds
for my beseeching.
Constant He is and kind,
Love without end.

4 comments:

Kara said...

What a beautiful song.Can you facebook message me your number so I can call you soon? Thanks!

Carolyn Townsend said...

That is so true that the Lord prepares us for the trials that we face. I am so glad that we have the knowledge and comfort that he knows us best and what we can handle and what we need to get through those trials.

Sara said...

Thanks for that post. We each have our own trials and it's comforting to know that He is there and His hand really is in the details of our life. You are so strong and faithful. Thank you for your words of encouragement to us all.

Anonymous said...

I am sitting her with tears in my eyes wishing so badly I could give you a hug and cry with you....I am glad to hear things went well. Casey is in a better place doing what Heavenly Father wants him to be doing. I love you and my thoughs and prayers are with you and your family...please let them know that.