Today is 6 months since Casey passed. The last few days have been sad for me. I miss him. I have felt him so close the last few days though. I feel him close often, spending time with the kids and watching them grow. I have continued to learn over the last several months. I've learned about eternity, what it means to be sealed together as a family, what is really required of us here in this life. We all chose to come here. And we knew ahead of time what would lay ahead of us here on the Earth. We chose to come here anyway, to receive bodies and to be given the opportunity to make our own choices. To live and learn and grow and progress.
Even though this loss, this trial of faith, is difficult, I would not want to do without the things that I am learning. I am so grateful for the gospel and for the things that I learn because of it. I am grateful for the comfort it brings. I am grateful for a family who loves and supports me. I am grateful that I am sealed to my parents and siblings. And I am especially grateful that I am sealed to my husband and children. Our families are eternal. Nothing can destroy that bond.
I am grateful for a Savior who loves me. Who helps me to see the blessings and joys I have in my life. I am grateful for His sacrifice so that I may have eternal life. So that we all may have eternal life. I am grateful for the scriptures and the insight that they offer into our lives and trials.
My heart is full, even through sadness and grief. I pray that you can receive the same comfort and peace.
2 comments:
Thanks for this post. Eternity is tricky to think about while living in the present and worrying about the near future, but eternity is what it's really about. Thanks for helping me to think about that.
Love you Sam.
Post a Comment