We got my birthday cake and the boys were very excited to put candles in it. My favorite cake is the Kitty Katrina (vanilla cake with vanilla frosting) from The Chocolate in Orem. It's amazing. I ate almost the entire thing.
We went to see the fireworks that night. This photo is the boys asking to go home. They were tired and wanted to sleep. They fell asleep about 20 minutes before the fireworks started. It was fun - we'll have to do it again next year.
We went to a birthday party and baptism for John-David's cousin a few weeks ago. We went to a nature center in Ogden. It was pretty fun. We played a game called Lizard Tag. I'm in the process of making a copy cat game.
We were able to see John-David's grandparents and Alanna met them for the first time. It was a great afternoon.
We reorganized our house just a bit and moved all of the kids books out to the living room. Since that has happened the boys have been "reading" a lot more lately. We've also instituted 3 "NO TV" days each week. I really like it - Julian's friends however are not as excited.
One friend came over to play and when he asked if we could watch a movie and I said, "no, today is a no TV day." Julian's friend looked at Julian and said, "What did you do?" When I said that Julian didn't do anything wrong, that we sometimes we just don't watch TV. His friend looked at us and said "Why?" Oh well - we like it. :)





1 comment:
That's awesome! I love our no TV days. We've had to rearrange some when it's super hot or smokey outside.
Post a Comment