Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sugar Addict

Monday night Barry calls me at 6:00 PM and says "Sam, do you know any really amazing desserts that can be made in less than 1 hour?" I answer "Of course, come over I'll help you." He comes over 15 minutes later and we make baby lava cakes. If you've never had one they are very easily found at Chili's, Applebees, TGI Friday's etc or most recently in the baking isle in pre packaged microwavable containers, I know it's amazing what they allow in a microwave and still call it food. Anyway, it's a cake with hot fudge in the middle served with ice cream and hot fudge. I do have to say though that what you get at the restaurant (or out of the microwave) will never beat a homemade baby lava cake. They are pretty awesome, and as I proved to Barry, done in less than 1 hour.

Julian, our resident sugar/chocolate addict, wanted to help and taste every part of what we were doing and felt that he never got enough. Right before we dropped Barry off at his apartment he garnished the lava cakes with some sifted powdered sugar and we left in a rush and left everything where it was.

Upon our return I got busy with a few items and JD was busy doing homework when we realized that Julian was being very quiet. If you have children, you know that is a bad sign. When I went into the kitchen, this is what I found...



No comments: