I hosted a cookie swap today for the sister's in my ward. Unfortunately several people who were planning on coming ended up canceling at the last minute, however, those of us that came thoroughly enjoyed the company and the cookies... here are mine. I have to admit, they look pretty darn good.

These are a modified Linzer Cookie. It's a linzer dough with roasted almonds and lemon zest and a buttercream filling with raspberry jam. You're only supposed to put the jam inside... but the buttercream just sounded so darn good. The raspberry jam with the lemon and almond was awesome.
These are homemade Pecan Sandies. Way better than the store bought stuff. It's essentially a shortbread with toasted pecans rolled in sugar, flattened and baked. They are really good warm wtih vanilla ice cream and a hot foamy sauce (from the Joy of Cooking).

These are Caramel Pecan Bars. Shortbread crust with toasted pecans in a brown sugar caramel. It's baked so you don't have to cook the caramel too long, the oven makes it nice and chewy but still soft... I can eat a whole pan in one sitting. Let me know if you want any of these recipes!
6 comments:
Wow! You are quite the chief. Those cookies look amazing!
Those look so good! I would love to have all of those recipes!
So nice to find related bloggers. I love those pecan bars. They look so good!
Grant's wife
I am so glad I just found your blog again. I will be checking often :). Those cookies look amazing!
how fun!! our address is:
5901 W Behrend Dr #2111
Glendale, AZ. 85308
Wow, Those look good. I can't wait to give up nursing so I can eat Wheat and Dairy again. Yummm
Our Address is
9433 Agattu Circle
ER AK 99577
Post a Comment