Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blessings

Today was a rough day, Julian didn't nap, Tennyson needed to be held all day, we were late to church, I'm still sick and exhausted, JD had to plan his lesson, the house is a disaster, there is a huge pile of laundry gearing up to take over my room, Julian decided to escape us at the church while we frantically searched for him for 10 minutes before he was found (playing in a toilet), we've had an ant problem for the last 2 days and because I've been sick and sleeping the last 3 days Julian only wants his Daddy.

Yesterday on a friends blog she mentioned that her friend had a beautiful little baby boy about a week ago and that he passed away on Wednesday. I checked out that families blog and read about how the little guy's heart stopped after an emergency C-Section. It took the doctors 15 minutes to resuscitate him and unfortunately was severely brain damaged as a result. He was on life support most of the week and these poor parents had to make the choice to remove him from life support and spend the time they could with their first child as he passed from this world to the next to return to our Father in Heaven.


As I sit here at (almost) the end of a long exhausting, emotional day, I am grateful that I have the opportunity to have days like this. I would rather have a million days like I had today then to have to make a decision that no parent should have to make and then watch your child return to Heavenly Father.


I am so grateful for a husband who helps support me and for friends and family who help me to know that I'm not the only one struggling. Oh how the Lord knows exactly what we need and when we need it and how to offer help when we don't know what to do. I feel so loved and understood and grateful that my heart is full.


If you have a chance, listen to this talk by President Thomas S. Monson, President and Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was given in the October 2008 General Conference. Regardless of whether or not you are a member of my church, this talk has meaning and instruction that will be beneficial to everyone. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who so lovingly answers my prayers.




4 comments:

mikensi said...

sad! :( at my diabetes appt yesterday they told me the outcome of GD and stuffs and that i could have a still born. heh, thanks, lady- but, i guess she was just making me aware of everything so i get this "under control." that was a good talk, btw! i love conference!

Sam said...

Kens, you will be fine... don't worry about the chances of loss, it just makes life miserable. I'm praying for you :)

Sara said...

Thanks for this post. Isn't it funny how death makes you step back and look at life a little differently? Your post did that for me. I guess a toddler puking (he did it again at McDonald's yesterday!) and a screaming baby isn't the end of the world! Hope you are feeling better. I think I'm starting to come down with something. It's a never ending cycle!

judyskinner said...

Thanks Sam for your insights. i really enjoyed listening to pres Monson again. love aunt Judy