Tonight at Family Home Evening we talked about the fact that in the temple our families can be sealed together forever. JD had to get back to school to study for his 8:30 AM final and so the boys and I drove up the the Provo Temple and walked around the grounds. Julian kept asking me questions about the Angel Moroni, whether or not we could go inside and he kept saying it was pretty. While there I felt a huge amount of gratitude for the fact that John-David and I are sealed in the temple. That our family will be together forever. I felt gratitude for my parents and for John-David's parents for raising us in a way that would allow us to go there to be married, and that they taught us how important that was. They taught us both that temples are holy places.
I also remembered a talk recently that I either read or heard (I'm not sure which) in which the speaker encouraged us to take our children to the temple. To help them to understand the importance of the covenants that are made there. To allow them to touch the temple and see that not only can we feel the temple but the Spirit that resides there can touch us in a very real way as well.
It was a wonderful evening and I am grateful for what I learned and that I have such a wonderful family. I am so blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment