Sunday, November 29, 2009

Art Projects

I have been trying to do more hands-on art projects with Julian. It's been helpful for us to spend more one on one time together. Does anyone have any fun 2-3 year old activity ideas? This project was inspired by Filth Wizardry and I've been wanting to do it for a while. This is what I started with:



This is what we ended with because the kids were no long interested in putting playdough onto Dinosaur Island. Instead it is downstairs waiting for the right moment for unveiling. Maybe on a really snowy cold day :) Who knows. But, I did put a funnel on top with a small water bottle inside and I taped it together so that we could make baking soda volcanoes and it wouldn't get inside and soak the cardboard. Julian does like baking soda volcanoes but I think at this point he might be more interested in rolling out the playdough instead of putting it on a mountain.


I've also learned that Julian really enjoys painting. He doesn't really care for painting noodles (which is what we were attempting here) but he does like to paint pictures, paper, blocks, etc. Now we just need more paint application tools. We might have to try apples and potatoes. :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

You are fancy Sam! My projects are usually things like making playdough, letting the kids make art projects out of the recycling,taking mud from my yard, mixing a little water, and letting them paint with it. Keep your ideas coming!