Monday, July 5, 2010

Freedom Run

I ran in the Freedom Run again this year. I've been running with a few friends over the last month and it's been so great! I am surprised at how much faster I run when I'm with someone else (and not pushing a 70+ lbs. stroller).

I ran the 5K again... not sure when I can bump up to a 10K and not really sure I want to... but we'll see :) The great news? I ran it in 30:45 (30 minutes 45 seconds). That means that I ran it in just under 10 minutes a mile for 3.1 miles. It's the fastest I've ever run in my life, literally. I wanted to stop a few times, but Geneen kept turning around telling me to keep going... having that motivation right there was awesome. Thanks friend :) It was great run and almost 4 minutes faster then my race in March!

3 comments:

Geneen said...

You did awesome. My dad was modestly stoked as well. His next goal is to shave a minute and a half off his time next year. with your improvement level just in the last month, you should be able to do that by the BYU homecoming race in October!

Jenny said...

good job, Sam!!

Sarah said...

That is great Sam! Good job! I hope to be running in it next year. Aaron and I have been working out at 24 hr fitness and are loving it! Happy belated birthday!!