Thursday, July 15, 2010

One of those days...

You know those days when you wake up tired and grumpy, and so do the kids. And no one will eat breakfast unless you feed it to them. And everyone is so tired from staying up way to late the night (5 nights) before that all everyone wants to do is cry. And the list of things you have to do is so long that it would actually take two or three days to do it all by yourself, but you have to get it done in one day so that you can have 20 people over to cook. And you're on the verge of a meltdown... And then, your amazing sister wakes up from her nap and puts one kid to bed, and puts away the dishes, and cleans the kitchen, and your friend calls to see how you are doing and lets you cry while she listens, and Daddy comes home and snuggles the kids (and you), and you get a shower, and then the world is right again?

Do you know those days? I had one today, and I am so grateful for the angels in my life that helped me to calm down, take a breath and remember that the world is not over. And I'm so grateful that my angel of a sister is here to reassure me that I am not a total failure of a mother. *Sigh* Goodnight, all is well with the world.

6 comments:

IAmHere said...

it is always a privledge for the angels to help one of their own...
They are there for you...because you are there for them.
love you...mom

heather said...

I wish I was still your neighbor.

Sara said...

I think everyday is "one of those days" for me. I wish I would have been that friend who called. I hope you're doing well. Miss ya!

Tanei Atagi said...

Sam,
First of all, the new blog background is rockin! I love it! Second, you're far from a failure as a mother. Third, I heard cooking group was awesome! You're way more fabulous than you give yourself credit. So just embrace it...you are fabulous!

marta said...

i just had to say thank you for the sweet note. heartfelt comments from kind souls like you make all the difference. i appreciate your kindness. i was so worried about posting about my experience and am now feeling like maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to share my feelings. you're a sweetheart. thank you for being so thoughtful.
xo. marta

Natalie said...

We should totally go to Seven Peaks together, sometime. Just let me know what day and time works best for you!? :) We don't leave until closer to the end of August, but I hear you...my husbnad is MIA as well! Let me know about swimming, it would be SO fun!