Our 10 year anniversary was on Friday August 10, 2012. It was rather uneventful when compared to what it might have been. But, it was wonderful. We stayed at home, as a family, ate a yummy dinner, watched a new movie, stayed up too late and snuggled together. Our whole family. All 5 of us. It made me so happy.
JD had unexpected back surgery on Wednesday August 8. He's been in a lot of pain the last 8 months. On Monday he came home from work because he couldn't stand, in fact it was all he could do crawl through the house. By Tuesday morning he could barely move. I took him to the ER at 5:30 AM and he stayed there. He had a herniated disc that was compressing his spinal cord and causing enormous amounts of pain. He is feeling much better. He's up and walking around, and he's home. He can't sit for more than 15 minutes an hour for the next 2 weeks and should stay out of a car for as long as possible. We like having him around. It feels good to have all of us together.
I like the complete feeling that I have. I am grateful for good friends who come over to watch my kids at the last minute, that bring us meals so that I can focus on my husband and kids, that call just to make sure that we are all doing ok. I am grateful for my family who has been praying for us and helping as much as they can. This week has been an adventure, for sure.
This experience has answered prayers on many topics. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who watches over us and knows our needs. I am grateful for priesthood blessings and the power and faith of those who offer those blessings.
More than anything, I am grateful for John-David. I am grateful that we are sealed together for eternity. I am grateful that I get to spend my days upon this Earth with him and then every day after that for eternity. I cannot imagine anyone else I would rather be with. He helps me see more in myself then I would have on my own. He helps me have the courage to explore new things and to have the courage to fail at those new things (or even fail at old things). He is my best friend and my spouse and my co-parent and in all things my equal and I am so grateful that we chose each other.
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary. John David's back situation doesn't sound fun. Love you cousin. It was so great seeing you guys. I think that you guys may need to take a trip out here next summer.
Beautiful post Samantha! Back pain is worse than labor and delivery if you ask me! I hope things work out for him. I have two brothers and a father-in-law that have had that surgery in the last while. No fun!
Post a Comment