We have a joy school that we do with 4 families of kids. We have 6 boys and 1 girl and we try to do an art project or craft each time we meet. I've been wanting to try out this recipe for puffy paints for a while now. It's 1 part white glue and 3 parts shaving cream. Keep in mind that 1 regular sized bottle of Elmer's Glue is only 1/2 C of glue. I used only 1 can of shaving cream for all 6 batches, and there was some left over in the can. It was a big hit... kept them all busy for almost 20 minutes :)
I found a cute idea for snow globes online (I don't remember where) so I decided to try it out. Here is what I started with:
Clean 4 oz Baby Food Jars
Small 1 inch or so ornaments or figurines. I got these at Michaels. It was 2.99 for 6
Glass Decor Gems (the ones with a flat bottom)
Epoxy
Fine Silver Glitter (it's not pictured, sorry)
Epoxy the glass gem to the lid and then epoxy the ornament to the top of the gem. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
I know this image is blurry... the camera couldn't pick something to focus on. Add no more then 1/8 tsp of glitter. In fact, 1/8 tsp was a little much. You could get away with a bit less if you want. Carefully fill the jar until it is almost completely full. Place epoxy around the inside of the lid, dry the the jar and twist the lid on. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Shake and enjoy! Good luck!
Update: Apparently even Epoxy is water soluble after being soaked in water for 2 days. Use Hot Glue NOT epoxy :)
Update: Apparently even Epoxy is water soluble after being soaked in water for 2 days. Use Hot Glue NOT epoxy :)




1 comment:
super impressed, really cute and quite the ambitious project with all those kids. we are lucky to do paper cutting in our joy school :)
Post a Comment