Julian has been on a pajama kick lately. He wants to be in his PJ's all the time, doesn't want to change out of them and when I try to get him dressed for the day it's a HUGE fight; he associates getting dressed as us leaving the house. Some days if we don't have much going on I let it be and let him wear his jammies all day. There are days I don't want to get out of my jammies either...
Anyway, this morning he took a shower and when he got out told me he wanted his jammies on. I told him that the only way he could have his jammies on is if he goes to sleep (it was almost nap time). He said ok. So jammies went on and he went to sleep.
He woke up from a nap and it was time to get him dressed for Church; which he fought, tooth and nail (both the clothes and the idea of going to Church). There was a lot of screaming and attempts to convince, coerce and force on our parts; which ended up with more screaming and crying. After about 20 minutes of trying to get him out of jammies and into Church clothes we ended up with church pants, a sweater and church shoes over jammies. When it was time for a diaper change at church the jammies came off :)
Not sure if this is a win or a compromise, but we made it to church and he was more or less presentable.
1 comment:
Sarah loved to stay in her jammmies too! I think maybe it's b/c they keep her warm??? I never thought of putting clothes just right on top though -that's genius!
Post a Comment