Monday, June 14, 2010

The Talk

As Julian gets older and the availability of pornography and other negative influences are out in the world, I've been thinking about how to help Julian avoid those things. Part of the responsibilities of a parent are to teach the gospel, but also teach him about the importance that sex has in a relationship, how to treat your body well, how to be chaste, all of those things. I've talked with friends about all of it and although I get that he is 3 and probably won't be having many sex and/or body questions until he's a few years older I feel like I need to prepare myself for it now. It makes me nervous to talk about it and I giggle and I laugh and it's hard for me to feel comfortable talking to him even just about his anatomy. I found this article today that I think many parents of young kids might find interesting and helpful.

1 comment:

Nick and Val said...

There is a book/pmaphlet called "A Parent's Guide" that you can find at the church distribution center that helps with this too! It's a great resource. Good luck!