My pregnancy with Julian was superb, even though I was a total worry wort the whole time. I rented a fetal doppler and had it at least until I was about 7-8 months pregnant with him. I was so concerned about him moving, hearing his heartbeat was a great comfort to me.
In fact, that has been something that has been a comfort to me throughout my life. I remember snuggling up to my Dad (I still do this when I get to see him) and I'd put my head to his chest and listen to his heartbeat. I like cuddling with JD and hearing his heartbeat and I still like to listen to Julian's heartbeat. To me it's how I know that they are truly alive and with me. That my life is really as wonderful as I think it is and that these wonderful people I have in my life are the greatest blessings I've ever known.
It has been stressful with this pregnancy to not be able to hear this little boy's heartbeat every day. Although, my doctor has been wonderful and scheduled me visits every 2 weeks so that I can hear him. I am proud of myself though, because I feel like I have taken a huge leap of faith and I feel like I have been successful in trusting in the Lord and taking a breath and calming myself through the fear and anxiety. I have been blessed to have a spirit of comfort with me and it has been rewarding for me to know that I have made it this far in the pregnancy (23 weeks) without worrying myself to tears (it's happened just not nearly as much as I thought it would).
The Lord has blessed me and has helped me to see the strength that I have, and what I can do when I have him to support me. I'm truly grateful and humbled by it.
In fact, that has been something that has been a comfort to me throughout my life. I remember snuggling up to my Dad (I still do this when I get to see him) and I'd put my head to his chest and listen to his heartbeat. I like cuddling with JD and hearing his heartbeat and I still like to listen to Julian's heartbeat. To me it's how I know that they are truly alive and with me. That my life is really as wonderful as I think it is and that these wonderful people I have in my life are the greatest blessings I've ever known.
It has been stressful with this pregnancy to not be able to hear this little boy's heartbeat every day. Although, my doctor has been wonderful and scheduled me visits every 2 weeks so that I can hear him. I am proud of myself though, because I feel like I have taken a huge leap of faith and I feel like I have been successful in trusting in the Lord and taking a breath and calming myself through the fear and anxiety. I have been blessed to have a spirit of comfort with me and it has been rewarding for me to know that I have made it this far in the pregnancy (23 weeks) without worrying myself to tears (it's happened just not nearly as much as I thought it would).
The Lord has blessed me and has helped me to see the strength that I have, and what I can do when I have him to support me. I'm truly grateful and humbled by it.
No comments:
Post a Comment