I'm not sure why, maybe it's my love for cooking or just possibly the joy of eating with wild abandon, that I love Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holiday meals to make. Usually I start planning my meal at least a month ahead of time... but it's a full outline, recipes, ingredients lists, tool needs, etc... that hasn't happened this year. It's 2 days prior and I still haven't actually made a menu. Life has been a bit crazy and my energy is slowly diminishing the longer I am pregnant (I'm at 25 weeks now).
But all is well! I will prevail! And the food will ROCK.
But, more than all the food I also enjoy this season because as a friend put it "it's the last holiday that hasn't been over commercialized." Thanksgiving is still about being with family, spending quality time with those you love and expressing your thanks. We celebrate all the blessings we have and the opportunities that we are given. Even the small things seem momentous.
I am grateful that this year I get to spend it with our families. Tasha, Adam and Andrea (JD's sister, brother and his girlfriend) will be spending the weekend and my family is in town and has been for a few days. Julian has loved spending time with his 'gragga' and 'pumpa.' It has been so much fun to see how thrilled my parents are with being grandparents. Even when things are stressful or frustrating a call or a picture of Julian perks them up immediately. It's awesome.
I am grateful for John-David and the wonderful friend, husband and father that he is. My life is better and I am better because of him. I am grateful that we are an eternal family and that we get to add to it. I am grateful for Julian and for the joys and challenges that he brings me each day. And I am grateful for the chance that I have to be his mother. I am grateful that we have the opportunity to be in Law School, and grateful for the trails of faith and the strength to move through them. I am grateful that the Lord answers my prayers and has allowed me the opportunity to be of service to my friends and family. I am grateful for a true testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it is a true book and has offered me strength, comfort and encouragement in the most difficult times of my life.
My list of blessings can go on and on, as all of ours can. But know that I am grateful also to you, my friends and family. I am honored to know you and grateful that we can share our lives, even if was only for a moment. What are you grateful for this holiday season?
Happy Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
yay for Thanksgiving! I hope your meal was great!
Post a Comment